Open the brackets and write the verb in correct tense form./present simple, past simple, past cont. present.cont, present perfect cont, present perfect/
1. We have to rest. We have been walking for over four hours ( walk).
2. We need a new car. We have had this one for ages. ( have)
3. My sister earns a good salary. She sells computer software. ( sell)
4. Every day I wake up at six, eat breakfast at seven and leave for work at eight(wake).
5. When Carol called me last night I was watching my favorite TV show(watch)
6. We usually spend our holidays in a small cottage near the sea(spend)
7. A few days ago John fell down and cut his knee.(fell)
8.They have played cards all night yesterday(play) were playing
9.Do you like reading? Yes , I have already read ten books this year(already , read)
10. While I was sleeping my mother prepared the meal for us(sleep, prepare) was preparing.
11. When I went out shopping yesterday I noticed a stranger in the garden near the gate.(go, notice)
13. I have been studying English for six years now.(study) has just phoned
14. I stayed indoors because it was raining (rain)
15. What are you doing next weekend ? – It depends. If the weather is fine we will go to the zoo.(you, do)
People travel a lot nowadays. Planes are considered to be the most ____COMFORTABLE____ means of transport but for some people airports can be a nightmare. There are ___UNENDING__ endless___ queues when you check in and you waste lots of time if your flight is delayed. However, there are some airports where you can ____ACTUALLY_____ enjoy yourself. For example, you’ll never be bored at Hong Kong’s international airport. There are thousands of people from_____DIFFERENT____ countries here but the passengers never experience any problems because everything is well organised. There are attendants in red coats, who help you to get from one place to another. It’s very good for people with no sense of ____DIRECTION_____. The attendants are always very polite and _____HELPFULL_____.Can people live without friends? Most of us would say “no”. Friends make our lives enjoyable and ___INTERESTING____. Friendship is something you can’t buy. It is a ____WONDERFUL____ and valuable gift. It is ____POSSIBiliTY____ to live without people who care for you and who are always ready to help. However, to find a true friend is not easy. Friendship requires honesty, trust and ____KINDNESS___. Being a friend means not only having fun together but helping each other in a difficult _____SITUATION_____.A true friend not only praises you but tells you when you are not right too. If you have already found such a person, you’re_____LUCKY_____.